More Monster Block Dice!
These miniatures have been out for a while and I think the molds are starting to get a little the worse for wear (which would also explain why the models are getting harder to find), but they are just so cool... so:
This time around I decided to use my airbrush for most of the models. There were a few stages to this:
- Airbrush Stynylrez Black Primer
- Airbrush zenithal highlight of Stynylrez White
- Airbrush Vallejo Livery Green
- Airbrush Secret Weapon Algae Green wash
- Drybrush Livery Green mixed with some Vallejo Neon Green
- Base of GW Rhinox Hide for the darkest recesses of eyes, teeth and bandages.
- Layer over with mixes through Vallejo's Filthy Brown up to Coat D'Arms Bone.
- The mice were kind of ad-libbed one in grey, the other in brown.
- The band aids were based with Army Painter Fur Brown and then layered up to Army Painter Tanned Flesh for that ugly off flesh color.
All this gets the green color down in record time. It looks great and can be done in a day.
The finished result:
Of the last two the one on the left is one of the originals that I painted up. I used washes on the the bandages of that one but tried leaving that out on the newer one. It shows a little but there is still good color gradation despite this. I also haven't gloss varnished the new dice yet... waiting for the humidity to drop some.
Well I hope you enjoyed this look into my process. I am currently back to speed painting minis for Test of Honour - I'll post about that next week but I should have a post on the painting competition coming over the weekend!
- Raggy, signing out
Post a Comment